The World Bank Group Africa Region announces the opening of the application for the 2024 World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program for candidates enrolled in a PhD program and recent PhD graduates who are nationals of Sub-Saharan Africa.
The World Bank Group (WBG) Africa Fellowship Program targets talented and young Africans who are completing, or have recently completed their PhD in an area relevant to the World Bank’s activity. The program offers chosen fellows a six-month assignment at World Bank group offices in Washington D.C or in country offices to gain hands-on Experience.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): World Bank Group
Host Institution(s): World Bank Group offices
Number of Awards: Several
Study level: Postdoctoral and Doctoral Candidates
Duration: 6 months
Apply for: World Bank Junior Professional Associates Program for Young Graduates
World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2024, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a recent PhD graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the PhD program.
- Applicants must possess an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Applicants must be in possession of strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Applicants must be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic and leadership potentials as evident in their academic credentials.
- Selected candidates will be notified and upon acceptance, will be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January 2024. Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C or a WBG country office from their university or institution, and worker’s compensation insurance.
See Also: World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP)
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants are to visit the official application website and complete the online application while also ensuring that they attach the required supporting documents. Applicants are to ensure that they provide accurate information.
Application Deadline: 25 August, 2023