University of Alberta Postgraduate Scholarships and Awards: University of Alberta is a diverse multi-campus academy providing a vibrant and supportive learning and research environment, delivering instructional excellence through on-campus and distance delivery to over 37,000 students in over 370 graduate and undergraduate programs spanning 18 faculties.
The University is offering various scholarships and awards tied to their various sponsors and at different funding capacities. Scholarships are available as a contribution to the stipend of students registered full time in a thesis based MSc or PhD courses at the university.
Alberta Scholarships and Awards
Awards, scholarships and prizes, which are awarded to outstanding applicants, are funded by a variety of sources including the Government of Canada, Government of Alberta, and the generosity of the university’s many donors. Some awards are exclusive to specific programs.
You can explore the many scholarship options available to you at the University of Alberta. All award competitions are adjudicated by the Graduate Scholarship Committee (GSC), which is a standing committee of the FGSR Council. FGSR administers $29 million in scholarships every year.
- Student must be currently enrolled in or applying for a full-time thesis-based graduate programme of the university.
- Students of Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSc or PhD) should be in one of the following departments in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry: Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Dentistry, Laboratory Medicine & Pathology, Medical Genetics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, Pediatrics and Radiology & Diagnostic Imaging.
- The student may be eligible to hold this award more than once.
- Award will be withdrawn if the student completes his/her program or ceases to maintain full-time registration.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How-to-Apply: Applicants for the University of Alberta Postgraduate Scholarships are to visit and submit their applications to the University of Alberta through their online application portal. You may also need to consult the GSC Handbook for details of how to indicate interest for the scholarships.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Visit: Official Scholarship Webpage