Applications are invited from suitably qualified mid-level professionals and Government officials from developing countries who wants to advance their knowledge and training in ocean affairs for the United Nations – Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023.
The 9-month Fellowship Programme is composed of two consecutive phases which provide fellows with advanced and customized research and training opportunities in their chosen fields.
Fellowship Sponsors: United Nations
Program Type: Professional Fellowship
Program Location: United Nations Headquarters
Program Duration: 9 Months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: First degree
Nationality: Developing Countries
See Also: Humboldt Research Fellowship in Germany 2023-2024 [Fully Funded]
United Nations – Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
Candidates wishing to be considered for the Fellowship award must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 25 and 40 years.
- Must have successfully completed a first university degree, demonstrate a capacity to undertake independent advanced academic research and study.
- Must be a mid-level professional from a national government organ of a developing state, or another governmental or non-governmental agency in such a State, which deals directly with ocean affairs issues, and your professional position must allow candidate to directly assist his/her country in the formulation and/or implementation of policy in this area.
- Proposed research and study programme must contribute directly to your nation’s formulation and/or implementation of ocean affairs and law of the sea policies and programmes.
- Must be free of all non-Fellowship obligations during the entire Fellowship period unless otherwise authorized by the Division.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the United Nations- Nippon Fellowship 2023 are to complete an online application and provide all the required documents by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: Not specified