Sasol Bursary Programmes for South African Youths is currently open for applications from highly talented undergraduates and graduates in the different engineering and science disciplines conform to a high level of uniform standards in terms of orientation, training, development, and exposure to the business processes.
The scarcity of talent in South Africa and globally makes it essential for Sasol to ensure continuous availability of skills to sustain our growth. The Sasol Bursary programmes for South African youth are a critical talent lever to enable us to meet our strategic and transformation talent objectives.
Bursary Sponsor(s): Sasol, South Africa
Host Institution(s): Sasol, South Africa
Bursary Worth: Not stated
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Bachelor degree & Masters
Nationality: South Africans
Also Apply: MTN’s Global Graduate Development Program in South Africa 2023
DETAILS | Sasol Bursary Programmes for South African Youths
Sasol has established a reputation in the market as an employer of choice and has been voted Employer of Choice in the Chemicals and Energy sector, by graduates on the SAGEA employer survey, for five consecutive years.
To date Sasol has various programmes that enable the development of scholars and graduates:
- South African Bursary Programme
- Sasol Foundation Bursary Programme
- Sasol Graduate Development Programme
- Sasol Vacation Work
- Sasol YES Programme
To be eligible for Sasol Bursary Programmes, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Bursaries are awarded for standard degree courses over a minimum period of time (e.g. B.Sc. or B.Eng. for studies over a 4-year period).
- Students already on a so called 5-year program / who intend to register for a 5-year study. (Should you still apply; and we realise at a later stage that you are already registered for 5 years or will register for a 5-year programme – the bursary will be withdrawn/terminated with immediate effect).
- Students who apply plan must not apply for a 2nd/3rd/4thyear bursary, must still be able to comply with the above-mentioned rule. If you have failed modules/have not registered some modules/cancelled any modules and thereby added a year to the study period (resulting in a 5- or 6-year study period), please do not apply. In summary – you must still be able to complete the applicable degree course in the minimum and standard prescribed period of time – for example 4 years for a B.Eng./B.Sc. Engineering degree.
- Students must study full time at a recognised and approved standard South African University. NB. Students may (for example) not register at a so called distance-learning facility/institution – i.e. UNISA. Bursaries will under no circumstances be awarded for studies towards a so called dual/combined/hybrid degree course (e.g. B.Sc. Chemistry with Chemical Engineering, B.Eng. Mechatronics, B.Sc. Environmental & Geology etc.)
- Should an individual provide incorrect information during the application process and such information comes to the attention of Sasol at any later date, the invitation for the further selection process, the bursary offer or the bursary will be withdrawn/terminated with immediate effect – due to possible intentional/unintentional fraudulent action.
- It is imperative that students understand that should the information provided during the application and/or the possible bursary interview and/or any later date differs – the application/bursary will be regarded as null and void.
You May Also Like: APPLY: Fully Funded UNICEF Graduate and Student Internships 2023
How-to-Apply: To be considered for Sasol Bursary Programmes, interested applicants are requested to these steps:
- All applications should be submitted before close of business of the application closing date.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Applications by e-mail and/or not submitted via the Sasol bursaries website will not be considered.
If you experience problems with your application, please contact:
Berlyne Rasool | [email protected] | 086 010 6235
Application Deadline: August 31, 2023