The Development Bank of Nigeria (DNB) welcomes applications from all Nigerian Youths for DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP). This is open to all Nigerian MSMEs across any sector, who are interested in acquiring the right knowledge needed to succeed in doing business in Nigeria.
The annual DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP) is the flagship programme of the Development Bank of Nigeria and is currently in its 5th Cycle. Capacity building is a core mandate of the Development Bank of Nigeria, and so far, the Bank has trained over 2000 MSMEs across Nigeria digitally and physically, leveraging partnerships and the DBN Learning Management System (LMS).
Company/Organisation(s): Development Bank of Nigeria (DNB), Nigeria
Program Location: Abuja, Lagos & Port Harcourt in Nigeria
Program Duration: 3 Months approximately
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Nigerian Youths MSMEs across any sector
Apply Also: Stanbic IBTC Digital Skills Empowerment Programme (DiSEP) 2023
DBN Entrepreneurship Training (DBNETP) | What to Expect
The annual DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Ensure MSMEs are well equipped with skills and competencies to defend sound and viable business proposals.
- Improve the Capacity of MSMEs to access available credit.
- Improve the capacity of MSMEs for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments and access to markets.
Programme of Activities
Activities Start Date End Date
- Registration and Online training on the DBN Biz Aid 06-May
- Application process for face to face training 10-July 17-July
- Selection and announcement of selected candidates 24-July 25-July
- Face to face training in Abuja 31-July 04-August
- Face to face training in Lagos 14-August 18-August
- Face to face training in Port Harcourt 25-August 01-Sept.
All applicants shortlisted for DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP), must meet the below minimum eligibility criteria:
- Owner of business must be 18 years and above.
- Business owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The business must be based in Nigeria.
- The business must be for profit from any sector.
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
- Bankability- Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability- Demonstrates potential for growth of business to create jobs
The programme takes a blended learning format approach of virtual and physical training.
- Virtual Training: The Virtual training is a self-paced comprehensive curriculum of the basic business principles broken down into 9 modules and will be implemented using the DBN learning management platform of the BizAid App.
- Onsite Training: This is a 5-day intense practical training and the curriculum is based on a needs assessment of the shortlisted businesses. A total of 350 businesses will be shortlisted for this to be trained in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- Pitching Session: All businesses will be eligible to pitch their business value proposition and 25 businesses will be selected to receive grant funding of N500,000 each.
You May Also Like: 2023 UNDP Graduate Programme Pool for Recent Graduates (Fully-funded)
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP), should follow these steps:
- All applicants must register on the DBN BizAid application.
- All applicants must complete a minimum of 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning management platform and obtain an average score of 70% from all quizzes. The courses that must be completed are:
- Accounting & Bookkeeping,
- Sustainability for MSMEs,
- Marketing and Sales Techniques,
- Credit Management/Access to Finance.
- All businesses who have completed the 4 courses by the stipulated deadline will receive an email with a link to apply for the face-to-face training.
- Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period.
- Applicants will be screened and shortlisted from the close of the application based on the eligibility criteria.
- Selection will be carried out using the defined selection criteria from the pool of shortlisted applications
- Communication with successful applicants shall be by email to the email address provided and a phone call to the phone number provided on the application form.
- Training will commence on announced dates consecutively in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt.
Application Deadline: Not Specified