The University of California Irvine is inviting applications from suitably qualified undergraduate and masters students for UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category. UC Irvine offers to freshmen entering from high school and transfer students the opportunity for 2023 – 2024 academic session.
This scholarship is renewable for 3 years for freshmen and 1 year for transfer beyond their initial year of tenure as long as eligibility requirements continue to be met. The scholarship application open period for continuing students is open through the month of January for awarding in the upcoming academic year.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of California Irvine, USA
Host Institution(s): University of California Irvine, USA
Scholarship Worth: Not stated
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Masters
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Also Apply: Boston University Presidential Scholarship for Incoming First Year Students 2023
DETAILS | UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category
University of California Irvine offers many scholarship opportunities for current undergraduate students through the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships’ annual online scholarship application.
- The Regents’ Scholarship
- The Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship
- The Directors’ Scholarship
To be eligible for UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Undergraduate and Master degree students enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 units in each academic quarter) at UCI (Doctoral degree students should not complete this application, please check with your department or Graduate Division for scholarship/fellowship opportunities)
- Minimum 2.5 undergraduate admissions GPA or UCI cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if eligible, in order to qualify for need-based scholarships. The FAFSA can be filed at www.studentaid.ed.gov. Students who are not eligible to file a FAFSA and qualify for the AB 540 fee exemption waiver must submit a California Dream Act application in order to qualify for need-based scholarships. The California Dream Act application can be filed at dream.csac.ca.gov.
- Eligible students are undergraduate students pursuing their first bachelor’s degree who are either U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or eligible non-citizens.
- International students may apply for UCI scholarships, however they cannot file a FAFSA or CA DREAM Act Application, so they do not qualify for need-based scholarships.
See Also: Chevening Scholarships for International Students at King’s College London (Fully-funded)
How-to-Apply: The Distinguished Scholarship category does not require any scholarship application. Students are automatically considered for the scholarships in this category based on the UC application for admission.
No additional materials are required nor considered in the selection process for these scholarships. To be considered for these three scholarships, you must apply for fall admission by November 30.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023