The Government of Mauritius is pleased to announce the Mauritius Africa scholarship Scheme to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries for the 2023/24 academic session.
The scholarship award is available for undergraduate, Masters and PhD studies enrolled for a full-time on-campus programme at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius. Interested applicants are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Mauritius
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Higher Education Institutions in Mauritius
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
See Also: German Bundestag Scholarship for Young Africans
Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme 2023, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by 01 January 2024.
- For PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 40 years by 01 January 2024.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, MPhil or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the appropriate Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2023.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated in the table [see Call for Applications] or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser
- Tuition fees
- Support for living expenses.
- Airfare ticket to and fro Mauritius.
See Also: USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023/24 [Fully Funded]
- How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme 2023 are to complete the application form and provide all the needed documents.
- Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly filled-in.
- Appropriate section of the application form has been set aside that must be endorsed and completed by the Nominating Agency in the country of citizenship of the applicant.
- An application under this Scheme is to be made solely through the Nominating Agency responsible for the processing of scholarships in the country of citizenship of the applicant.
Applications, together with supporting documents as required should be forwarded to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address mentioned below:
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology
(Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division)
Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email: [email protected])
Application Deadline: 15 May, 2023