Are you an African student looking for a fully funded scholarship opportunity to study in the United Kingdom for the 2023/2024 academic session? Then you can apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cambridge.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Cambridge is designed to provide talented students from economically marginalised and hard-to-reach communities in Africa with fully-funded opportunities to complete their Master’s training, grow in transformative leadership, and contribute to climate resilience and sustainability in Africa.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): University of Cambridge, UK.
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
See Also: Gates Cambridge Scholarship in UK | Postgraduate Application
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2023-2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cambridge, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of an African country and demonstrate that they are from an economically marginalised, or economically disadvantaged, background.
- Must be ordinarily resident in an African country unless you can show temporary absence for study/work with an intention to return or unless you have been displaced.
- Must be applying for a one-year Master’s course at the University of Cambridge.
- Prospective Scholars can apply across a wide range of disciplines.
- Covers the cost of travel and visas.
- Accommodation and meals.
- Allowance for a laptop.
- health cover
- A living stipend.
- Tuition costs
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cambridge are to first apply for admission into an eligible program at the University of Cambridge before the deadline.
As part of the application process in the University’s graduate application portal, students are asked to select funding bodies they are interested in applying to. A range of options are presented to the applicant. Once you select the Mastercard foundation scholars programme, you would be required to submit a mandatory personal statement. Applicants will be required to complete their application by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 5 December 2023