Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified young talents for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Programme targeted at supporting international students interested in studying in Germany for the 2023/24 academic session.
For the 2023/24 session, about 2,700 undergraduate and postgraduate students will receive a grant from FES. The FES also supports foreign applicants who are already studying, or doing their postgraduate studies, in Germany at the time of application.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Friedrich Ebert Foundation
Host Institution(s): Universities in Germany
Scholarship Worth: Not Stated
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: International students
See Also: DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarships in Germany 2024 [Fully Funded]
Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship Programme | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship Programme, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be foreign students already studying, or doing their postgraduate studies at the time of application in Germany.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant academic qualifications that will be used to offer them admission into their prospective courses.
- Applicants must together with good academic achievement also possess good social and personal attitude that will play an important role in the selection process.
FES expects scholarship holders:
- to participate in extra-curricular seminars and activities of FES campus groups on a regular basis
- to achieve above-average results in their degree courses
- to continue and intensify their socio-political commitment.
At the end of each term, a semester report has to be submitted to FES which describes the scholarship holder’s current academic performance and his/her social engagement.
- 934 € per month (basic scholarship programme) / 1.200 € per month (graduate scholarship programme)
- 276 € of family allowance, if applicable
- refund of health care costs
- any income exceeding 400 € per month will be credited against the scholarship.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Programme are to ensure that they apply online within the stipulated application period. Applicants must note that candidates who are selected will be invited to two individual interviews.
Application Deadline: Not specified