ELI Abroad Medical Intern and Volunteer Programme: ELI Abroad is currently inviting applications from graduate-level students in medical sciences for internships and volunteer opportunities in Uganda to gain hands-on experience at a general clinic or hospital in Eastern Uganda and learn first-hand about the challenges facing the country’s healthcare system.
The internship and volunteer program finds you working with doctors, nurses, and medical staff. Take on tasks based on your skills and previous training and/or educational background. Public health projects are also available, including educational campaigns in HIV/AIDS/STD prevention, hygiene practices, and nutrition.
Company/Organization(s): ELI Abroad
Program Type: Graduate Internship
Program Location: Uganda
Program Duration: 1 year
Available Slot: Not specified
Basic Qualifications: Graduate Students
Nationality: Any Nationality
You May Like: VACorps Internship Program for Graduate Students
ELI Abroad Medical Internships | What to Expect
ELI Abroad program finds you working with doctors, nurses, and medical staff. Take on tasks based on your skills and previous training and/or educational background:
- Gain valuable international work experience in medicine and healthcare while interning in Uganda.
- Make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of local Ugandans.
- Learn about medical issues in Uganda as you intern at a general hospital or small clinic.
- Experience all the wonderful offers of Uganda, from interesting dishes to beautiful natural attractions.
- Help educate the public on a variety of public health initiatives.
To qualify for these internships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- B.Sc in Biomedical Science, Health Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmaceuticals
- The language skill required is English Language.
- An experience is also needed
- Take on tasks based on your skills and previous training and/or educational background
- A strong interest in the sustainability of non-profit organizations
- A go-getter attitude and ability to work independently
- An interest in and passion for the medicals
- A willingness to take on a variety of tasks
Also Apply: AMAZON Data Science Internship Program
- How-to-Apply: To participate in ELI Abroad Medical internships and volunteer programme, applicants should fill an application form available online. You are also expected to submit your resume, transcript and written application.
Application Deadline: Not Specified