The Canon Foundation Europe in collaboration with the Kyoto University Japan is pleased to announce the Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program to highly qualified researchers in fields of research related to African Studies.
The Program intends to support fellows from Kyoto University who want to do research in Africa as well as scholars from Kyoto University’s partner institutes in Africa who want to do research in Kyoto.
Company/Organisation(s): Canon Foundation and Kyoto University
Program Type: Research Program
Program Location: Africa and Japan
Program Duration: Not specified
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Master’s degree
Nationality: All Nationalities
See Also: German Bundestag Exchange Scholarships for Africans 2023/24
Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange | Eligibility Criteria
Interested applicants for the Canon Foundation/ Kyoto University Africa Exchange Program must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must hold at least an MA degree and employed either at KU or KU’s partner institutions as post-doctoral fellows or faculty members at the time of applying.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent research abilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Exchange Program are to complete their applications and submit same to the Kyoto University Africa Unit ([email protected]). The following supporting documents are to be attached when submitting:
- Your research plan including a clear title at the top of the page as well as starting/ending dates of the proposed research. The research plan needs to include a general cost estimate, including living, travel, research costs, insurance, and etc. (maximum 2 pages)
- 2 reference letters (maximum 1 page each) from 2 persons. One letter should be from someone in a position to comment on your academic qualifications and professional work while the other should be a confirmation letter from your prospective host who can provide research or work facilities to you during the proposed period.
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- 1 copy of your doctoral certificate or your highest academic degree
- 1 passport size photograph of yourself
- 1 list of your academic publications or professional achievements in chronological order containing information on all authors, place and year of publication and page references.
Application Deadline: 15 November 2023