Canada is far becoming most popular in attractive immigrants going by numbers! According to statistics from canada.ca, Canada welcomed more than 341,000 permanent residents in 2019 and reached a target of 401,000 new permanent residents in 2021 which shows a marked increase. These large number is tied mostly to the high rate of employability and lucrative job offers in the country.
With so many demands for immigration, this country has created a number of pathways to make the immigration moving process more manageable and straightforward. Here you will learn about Canada Immigration Jobs Requirements and Steps to Apply for those jobs to move to Canada. But first, it is important to know about the immigration pathways.
Canada Immigration Pathways
Canada has so many immigration programs depending on what you are looking for, however, you can apply for one that suits you the best. Some of the most popular pathways are as follows:
- Express Entry Program: This is one of the quickest ways to get permanent residency in Canada you must be highly skilled to get into this program. The pathway for this immigration process is point-based and you’ll be scored based on your experience qualifications and skills.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program: The minimum requirement for this stream is to have at least 10 years of work experience in managerial jobs, professional jobs, technical and skilled trades.
- Self-Employment Visa: In this process you have to provide evidence that you can be self-employed in Canada and have enough work experience in cultural activities.
- Startup Visa: For startup visa, you must have a qualifying business idea and a letter of support from a designated organization and also you must have the necessary language requirements and your business must generate enough money to settle in Canada.
- Provincial Nominee Program: To get access into the provincial nominee program you have to be nominated by a province in Canada and meet the eligible requirements, however what you must know is the provincial nominee program targets specific groups such as students, skilled workers, business people and semi-skilled workers.
Also Check: Canadian Work Visas, Work Permit and How to Apply
Canada Immigrations Work Requirements
To get employment as an immigrant in Canada, you must meet the necessary requirements for the different immigration programs. These are as follows;
Federal Skilled Worker
The minimum requirements for federal skilled workers are:
- Skilled work experience: it is required that you must have at least 1 year of continuous full-time work experience in a skilled occupation within the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence.
- Language ability: You must also show that you meet or exceed the language threshold of the Canadian language benchmark with tests from a IRCC – designated language test organization.
- Education: It is required that your educational qualification it can either be Canadian educational credential or a foreign educational credential with an educational credential assessment report for immigration purposes from a designated organization to prove that your educational qualification is equivalent to a completed Canadian educational credential
The minimum requirements for express entry are;
- Part time work experience: you must have at least 2-3 years’ part time working express with a reputable organization with proof.
- Language ability: you must take the approved language tests in English for writing, reading, listening, speaking, and also a minimum score of Canadian language benchmark in all 4 abilities. note: your language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test.
- Education: if you have foreign education you must have a completed credential and an educational credential assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes from a designated organization.
- Students work experience: also work experience gained while you were studying may counts towards your minimum requirements.
How to Apply for Canada Immigration Jobs
To apply for any work in Canada you need to obtain a working permit. “A Canadian work permit is the permission to take a job within Canada if you are from a foreign country.” Hence, you can get a job in Canada through the following steps;
- Apply for Work Permit
- Search for Jobs in Canada
- Apply to Jobs in Canada
Requirements to Apply for Work Permits;
- Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your permits expire
- Show that you have enough funds to take care of yourself and family
- You have no criminality records and also obey the law of the country in most cases you may be asked to produce a police reports to show you no criminal records
- Be in good health and physical conditions, you may be required to take some medical examinations
- You have no plan to work for an employer with the status “ineligible”
- Give other necessary documents requirements.
Duration for Work Permit Processing
Work permit processing time completely depends on the completion of your application and the office you applied at approximately it takes between 1-27 weeks to process a Canadian work permit.
Recommended: Express Entry Canada Visa: Application Re-Opens
These additional recommendations can be helpful in getting a job to move to Canada:
- Volunteer to get Canadian work experience
- Practice your English or French
- Build your network of contacts
- Meet Canadians and make friends
- Find someone who will be a reference for you
- Show potential employers that you are willing to work for
The above are useful resource to getting a Canada immigration job, check here for further useful resources