Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Australian Embassy’s Direct Aid Program (DAP) to fund projects in its countries of accreditation in Africa.
The DAP supports international and local NGOs, civil society organisations and other community-based organisations operating in the African countries. The program aims to support projects with a strong development and human rights focus that complement Australia’s broader aid priorities, and which contribute to sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction.
Australian Government Direct Aid Program | DETAILS
The Direct Aid Program (DAP) is a flexible small grants program funded by the Australian Government and managed through the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) overseas diplomatic missions. DAP activities should achieve direct, practical, tangible, and immediate high-impact development outcomes for beneficiary communities. Priority thematic areas for the 2023-24 DAP year include:
- Gender equality, empowerment of women and social inclusion,
- poverty alleviation and rural development,
- Environmental protection and climate change,
- Human rights and governance,
- Education, and
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
See Also: Rotary Foundation Global Grants and Scholarships 2023
To be considered for the Direct Aid Program 2023, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be NGOs, civil society organisations and other not-for-profit organisations in the eligible countries of accreditation in Africa.
- Applicants engaging in development and human rights activities in the Embassy’s countries of accreditation.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Australian Government Direct Aid Program are to complete an online application on or before the application deadline. Applicants are encouraged to read the DAP Guidelines before proceeding to complete the application.
Application Deadline: 12 August 2023